Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy 2013 everyone!  Another year has passed and I have to admit that I'm not exactly sad to see 2012 go.  While I am grateful for each and every moment that I have on this earth, 2012 was full of challenges that kept me riding on a roller coaster of emotions.  With Isabella's multiple illnesses and stint in the PICU, the very sudden and unexpected death of my grandfather, a move, Madelynn starting school, a personal cancer scare, and more, there was much in 2012 that threw me for a loop.  I must admit, though, that there were also many, many joys and blessings, not the least of which was our finding NewSpring church and my beginning a real relationship with Jesus.  Really, I am grateful for the challenges I faced early in the year because, essentially, those were the things that opened my eyes and led me to seek out a church and, subsequently, my salvation.

Every new year, I join millions of folks and make some resolution that is typically broken within a few weeks.  This year, I am not making a specific resolution, but I am praying for health - spiritual, relational, financial, physical, emotional health.  I am praying for a growing relationship with God - that I find and make the time to intentionally spend with Him every day.  I am praying for a better relationship with my husband, my children, my family, and my friends - that God will form me into the wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, daughter-in law, friend that He intends for me to be.  I pray, not for wealth and riches, but merely for financial security so that my girls will never have to wonder if they will have what they need.  I pray that I will get a handle on my overall health, and while I would like to lose some weight, I really just want to feel better.  I pray that by trusting God, I will be further released from my anxiety, PTSD, anger, and depression - that I will have more of a feeling of peace in my heart and soul.

To all of you, my dear friends and family, I pray for all of you, too.  That you will all have a healthy, safe, happy, and prosperous 2013.  May God bless you and your family this year and always. 

No comments:

Post a Comment